About This Opportunity
International Development Officer Internship in China
About the Host Company
Looking for International Development experience with exposure to Policy Research, Fundraising and NGO Management and Projects, this is an interesting internship opportunity for you. This NGO is the very first public welfare foundation in Beijing focusing on the field of rare diseases. We are devoted to solving urgent matters faced by the rare disease community through community services, nonprofit sector development, social advocacy, and eventually creating an equal and respectful environment for the community challenged by illness in the society. The Foundation is inspired by “the Ice Bucket Challenge” and is an integral player in this sector.
We are committed to supporting patient organizations that focus on medical treatment and rehabilitation as well as promoting policy and rights advocacy activities for rare diseases. It
aims to establish platforms which involve participation from multiple actors and agencies, create signature projects that the public fee1 strong connections with, promote for a better
social welfare coverage for rare diseases, and solve urgent matters faced by the rare disease community, including medical treatment and rehabilitation, education, employment, and social inclusion. The ultimate goal is to create a supportive and respectful environment for every person no matter what disease or challenge they have to suffer or face. Hence creating a fair,
and inclusive society. NGO Internships in China are interesting opportunities to get started with a solid international Career
The Job Roles
The Foundation is looking for qualified individuals to join us as International Development Officer or assistant. The position is designed to assist our projects
with research and development, cooperation and partnership for funding. I deal candidates will learn more about managing NGOs in China, Government policy research and General
- You will be dealing with a highly innovative role of bringing Our Projects to the international community for publicity, brand building, cooperation, and/or for fundraising.
- Conducting research and social impact assessment of our projects and policy research for future growth and education purposes
- Develop strategies to meet current social demands within our subsectors
- You will be working with Multinational NGOs whose interest in health and patients with rare diseases, such as NORD, Global Genes and so on.
- Develop a relationship with desired Multinational Donors and work with their outreach office to identify suitable resources.
- Research into strategies, methodologies, and processes to provide a compact understanding of different organizations for rare disease cooperation process, institutional framework and project activities in a multicultural and international environment.
- Manage allocated projects to ensure the timeline, resources, organization and management are intact
- A current University student, holder of bachelor’s degree or above, in a related field such as international relations, public administration, political sciences, translations, public health and communications
- A familiarity with the workings of non-profit organizations, including brand construction and fund raising；
- Existing experiences dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- English proficiency in both writing and speaking is essential. Knowledge in Chinese would be an asset;
- Excellent interactive and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural
Note: Each intern will be assigned to a supervisor and specific tasks in various activities, such as assisting the staffs in project management, organizing cooperation, and promotional
activities, so that you can totally connect with your daily work.