About This Opportunity
Real Estate Internship with JLL in China
About the Company
Goals of the internship: At the end of your internship you will:
- Understand what a property services company does.
- Understand what services JLL offers in China.
- Understand more about JLL and its competitors.
- Understand what the daily work of property services employee is like.
- Understand some of the key challenges for foreign service sector firms in China
- Complete a specific project that you can present back to JLL to help them improve a specific aspect of our operation/ work/ methods
- Meet a manager who will brief you on the specific internship plan. Receive a plan for your full two months. Meet with your manager regularly to assess progress on your work plan.
- Over the course of the internship, you will spend time in the office researching our industry, attend meetings with colleagues, visit projects and sites with colleagues and make a final presentation to a core group of people you worked with during your internship explaining what you have learned and present some suggestions related to your specific “project.”
- The goal would be to spend roughly 35% of your time outside the office visiting sites and teams and the balance in the office doing research for your presentation/ report and asking clarifying questions of JLL colleagues.
Site / Project visits:
- On-site leasing agents
- Property management staff
- Retail project site visit
- Head office where research and other teams work to write reports and do industry research
By the end of the internship we hope you have learned:
- What role real estate plays in the costs of a typical company (our clients)
- Key players in the property services, development and investment industry,
- More about JLL and our competitors,
- Who some of our key clients are,
- What are some related real estate jobs outside of the service providers,
- What organizations help advance the property services industry (ex ULI, RICS),
- What universities have strong Real Estate programs,
- Some industry terminology,
- Some key skills for working in the property industry (could include: sales skills, negotiation, cold calling,
presentation skills, report writing, P/L management, etc),
10. How databases are created and property baskets are used to track the market
• Previous work experience a plus
• Have a strong sense of responsibility and be willing to correctly represent the company in all of their interactions with clients and colleagues
• Be willing to work with a team
• Have a basic understanding of business and economics
• Have an interest in the property industry
Last update: 2018
Asset Management, Business Development, Business Intelligence, Business Internships, Communication, Consulting, Economics, Finance, International Trade, Logistics, Marketing, Office Management, Project Management, Project Management, Real Estate internship
Real Estate Development Internship with JLL (Fortune 500 Company)
- Duration: 2 - 12 months
- Certificates: Yes
- Students: 0