About This Opportunity
Assistant to Human Resource Director Internships in China
Assistant to Human Resource Director Internship
About Shell in China
As a leading global group of energy and petrochemical companies that is high up on the Fortune 500 list, Shell helps meet the world’s demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. They embrace the ambition to be the most competitive and innovative energy company in the world. Our business relationship with China dates back to more than a century ago, testifying to our long-term commitment to this country. Today, all of Shell’s core businesses – Upstream, Downstream and Projects & Technology – are active in China. With win-win partnerships with all of the major national oil companies in China, including China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec), China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) and Shaanxi Yanchang Group Company (YCG), we aim to achieve End-to-End Integration of the whole value chain from Upstream molecules to Downstream markets and extract maximum value for business partners in and outside China. Currently more than 20,000 staff and contractors are working in Shell companies and joint ventures in China. Taking Staff Localization and Development as one of our top priorities in China, we work hard to nurture a well developed and localized workforce with a “One Team, One Mindset” culture.
- Assist in Creating a new Database of staff and writing Executive level staff profiles, Creating new personnel files,
- Work Directly under the Executive HR
- Updating various databases including the grievance log, applicant flow, HRIS, etc.
- Routinely supervising workers and addressing questions
- Ensuring that procedures are performed correctly
- Advising employees on safety issues, productivity, and damage claims
- Researching and collecting data for various HR initiatives
- Research through Data collection, processing, analysis and suggestions issued on project basis
- Understand Policies and HR Regulations in China
- Networking with external resources
- Performing Reference and background checks
- Preparing materials for orientation and Conducting orientation, Preparing all new hire paperwork
- Advertising all open job positions
- Must have been in second year of university or higher
- Majors in HR, Business Management, Project Management, Consulting and other related majors
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Track record of demonstrated progressive leadership potential through academic, work, and/or community activities
- Demonstrated project management capabilities with an emphasis on strategic thinking, teamwork, and results-driven implementation
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple projects, a ‘can do’ attitude along with enthusiasm and energy
- Strong presentation and communication skills (both oral and written) and comfort working across all levels of the organization
- Prior internship experience in Admin role is preferred with Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Good customer service attitude; Ability to take initiative and be flexible, Hardworking and able to work efficiently on multitasks
What is in this for you?
- Interns will participate in groundbreaking Employee Database Construction projects as being part of the world’s leading professionals and business executives to gain deeper insights. It is an opportunity to get hooked and networked.
- Our scale, coupled with diversified and quality client base enable participants to get the best career opportunities for growth.
- The principle of career progression offers a more formal approach to learning, development and transformation. This puts participants in the seat to driving their own career development.
- Participants get mentored and groomed in the corporate settings. This generates feedbacks from superiors for necessary corrective action
- Our Entrepreneurial Training will equip participants with requisite skills to start business in China comfortably. Get taught by seasoned expats.
- Get the feel of what it takes to work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for Young people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Participants will be rewarded with a competitive salary during their internship.
- Guided Tours & Travel, volunteering programs and social activities are in built to give maximum exposure and immersion into the Chinese culture.
- Our partner Language Schools have in place flexible arrangements to tutor our Internship participants in Chinese language Speaking, reading and writing. Join other expat from embassies, foreign missions and Multinational Organizations in the process.
Nature of Internships: Full time
Compensation: Stipend $300 with Lunch (Enough to cover other living expenses)
Application Time: As soon as possible
Duration: 3 months (June to August) with a possible extension
Number of Applicants needed: Only One (1)
Our program price is used to ptovide the following:
- Executive Internship Placement in China
- Chinese Language Study (Private Classes)
- Visa Processing and Consultation
- Fully furnished housing and Accommodation over the duration of the program
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Welcome package: City map. Transport card. Mobile phone, SIM card etc
- Business Classes and Seminar
- Networking events and Business class dinner
- Program Coordinators allocated
- Professional Mentoring and Grooming*
- Entrepreneurial Training*
- Full-time 24/7 program leadership and support
- Travel & Tour to historical sites with cultural activities*
- CIP Insurance card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
- 10 years member ship to our Prestigious CIP Opportunity Network
- Know China tour*
- Volunteering at no extra fee
- Introduction to other legal income generating opportunities
Note: Services marked with Asterix (*) belong to premium program participants